[GRASSLIST:1737] Re: configure problems on OSX

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Wed Nov 12 15:50:09 EST 2003

Giacomo wrote:

> This is my configure file, for a MacX powerbook. You must check where
> are your libraries, and if you do not find some libraries install they
> by source using for example Fink Commander.

These two:

> --with-includes=/sw/include \
> --with-libs=/sw/lib \

should eliminate the need for all of these:

> --with-tiff-includes=/sw/include \
> --with-tiff-libs=/sw/lib \
> --with-tcltk-includes=/sw/include \
> --with-gd-includes=/sw/include \
> --with-fftw-includes=/sw/include \

If configure fails without the above five switches, I'd like to see
the error messages from config.log.

I was about to say that this:

> --with-opengl-includes=/usr/X11R6/include \

shouldn't be necessary either, but it probably is (that's a bug on our
part). The checks for the OpenGL headers ought to use $X_CFLAGS (the
checks for the libraries *do* use $X_LIBS etc).