[GRASSLIST:1751] Re: realtime_gps

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 13 07:29:21 EST 2003

> As you said I changed -q to -w in your script and now it works

http://bambi.otago.ac.nz/hamish/m.realtime_gps.sh
[turns out Debian's netcat isn't standard, it has a -q timeout flag]

> But I don't know what should  I write in "USER_PROJ" ?
>
> Would you please explain it for me in simple language?

$USER_PROJ is the projection parameters used by PROJ.4's cs2cs.
(i.e. everything after the +to)

That is the projection parameters for your current location.
You might look at g.projinfo for some ideas.

see:
http://www.remotesensing.org/proj/gen_parms.html

It's probably better to rewrite the script to use 5.3's m.proj2..

Watch this space, more code is on the way ...

Hamish