[GRASSLIST:1871] completely confused about reclass

Christopher Fonnesbeck chris at fonnesbeck.org
Mon Nov 24 16:29:38 EST 2003

I am attempting to reclassify a stream network based on stream order,
using v.reclass.pg in GRASS 5.0.2, following the examples set out in
the documentation. I have a streams layer with a unique HUC6 code for
each segment. There is a corresponding table in postgresql that has the
same codes, along with various stream attributes. If I try and
reclassify using, say only large streams, with the following sql code:

select segment_ta,stream_cla from stream_d where stream_cla>3

and the following v.reclass.pg command:

v.reclass.pg -s sql=bigstream.sql input=streams output=bigstreams
type=line

I get the following error:

ERROR: 1706010416A0002000.00=4
        - invalid reclass rule

I don't see any obvious reason for this to fail. I would appreciate
help from anyone who would enlighten me. Hopefully future versions of
GRASS will have a much easier querying tool than this!
--
Christopher J. Fonnesbeck ( c h r i s @ f o n n e s b e c k . o r g )
Georgia Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, University of Georgia