[GRASSLIST:1872] Re: configure with OpenGL

Scott W Mitchell smitch at mac.com
Mon Nov 24 17:03:19 EST 2003

On Tue, 18 Nov 2003, Glynn Clements wrote:
> David Orme wrote:
>
> > I was wondering whether it is possible to configure grass 5.0.3 using
> > the opengl framework already present in Mac OS X - I've tried pointing
> > ./configure at the directories:
> No. NVIZ requires Unix/X11 versions of both OpenGL and Tcl/Tk.
>
> --
> Glynn Clements <glynn.clements at virgin.net>

On the other hand, you CAN point configure at the Unix/X11 versions of
OpenGL, which are installed in /usr/X11R6 if you have either Apple's own
distribution of X11, or the XFree86 that can be installed with fink (or
any other way of installing XFree86, for that matter).

Adding --with-opengl-includes=/usr/X11R6/include to the configure
command is all I need on my machines for grass (at least >= 5.0.2) to find
all the necessary files.