[GRASSLIST:1904] Re: about s.to.rast

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Wed Nov 26 22:39:54 EST 2003

Hayashi Shin-ichiro wrote:

> Sorry!  I send My previous mail with mistake.
>
> I tried to use "s.to.rast" command.
> But command said ERROR as follows.
>
> GRASS 5.0.2 > s.to.rast input=const output=const_rast
> Using size option: 0
> Finding and opening site list...
>
> ERROR: selected decimal field column no. 1 not present in sites list.
>
> My question is "What does this error mean?"
>
> My site data is
>
> name|const
> desc|s.in.ascii sites=const input=const_site fs=space
> 205|435|#1 @1 @ryuroko
> 245|290|#2 @2 @ryuroko
> 195|310|#3 @3 @ryuroko
> 250|235|#4 @4 @ryuroko
> 270|220|#5 @5 @ryuroko

The default options are findex=1 and field=decimal. However, field 1
is a category, not a decimal. So, you need to use field=cat, i.e.:

	s.to.rast field=cat input=const output=const_rast

Alternatively, if you aren't interested in the category values, you
can use the -s switch, i.e.

	s.to.rast -s input=const output=const_rast