[GRASSLIST:1421] PostGis & GRASS

Massimiliano Cannata massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Tue Oct 7 05:17:20 EDT 2003

Dear users,
I'm starting develooping one application in wich i
would like to use:

- PostGis as a database to retrive real-time
climatic data
- R as statistical software for validate and
complete missing data
- Grass as model environmenteal to elaborate data
- Mapserver as web viewer

In order to combine such environments I wuold have
some question:

- Is it possible linke R with PostGIS in the same
way I link R with PostgreSQL?
- I'd like to use a stable version of GRASS but
GRASS 5.1 is very attractive, so how much instable
it is?

Also, if anyone has try to make something like
this or has some suggestions it would be very
appreciated.....

Thanks you all

--
-------------
note: change my e-mail reference to
massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
      because the old one will be deleted soon.
Ing.  Massimiliano Cannata
Istituto di Scienze della Terra - SUPSI
C.P. 72 - CH-6952 Canobbio (Ticino, Switzerland)
Tel +41 91 /935 12 25 - Fax +41 91 /935 12 09
eMail: massimiliano.cannata at supsi.ch
Internet: http://www.ist.supsi.ch