[GRASSLIST:1568] Re: r.in.gdal and a GeoTIFF

Ed Davison bfdi533 at cbacc-security3.bus.utexas.edu
Mon Oct 27 10:20:55 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-10-25 at 04:34, Markus Neteler wrote:

> > > Are you using the 'gdalwarp' from CVS? There have been bugfixes.
> > > If you use a current CVS version (like me) and it still fails,
> > > it should be reported to the GDAL bugtracker.
> >
> > I have downloaded and installed the cvs version and here is what I get
> > now:
> >
> > GRASS:~/gis/data/nationalatlas/shdrlf > !gdali
> > gdalinfo --version
> > GDAL 1.1.9.0, released 2003/06/27
> > GRASS:~/gis/data/nationalatlas/shdrlf > !gdalw
> > gdalwarp -t_srs '+init=epsg:4326'  shdrlfi020l.tif
> > shdrlfi020l_LL_wgs84.tif
> > ERROR 1: latitude or longitude exceeded limits
> > ERROR 1: GDALWarperOperation::ComputeSourceWindow() failed because
> > the pfnTransformer failed.
>
> Again: Are you using an official release or the CVS version of,
> say, this week? The CVS-gdalwarp works well. But I ran into confusion
> comparing the map included metadata (GeoTIFF) and the related
> official map description which states another ellipsoid/map datum.
> However, this is another issue (see other mail).

Yes, was using CVS.  I followed the directions on the CVS website to get
the CVS checkout done.

But, it turns out there is another problem here which I probably need to
file as a bug.  I actually tracked this one down.  This error message is
produced when the output/target .tif file already exists.  It should
give an error message that the target/output file already exists.  When
I deleted the target/output file, all worked fine and produced a proper
output file.

ED