[GRASSLIST:1168] RE: density surface from points in PostGIS

uli uli.mueller at gmx.ch
Wed Sep 10 10:00:35 EDT 2003

RafDouglas

Thank you for this pretty cool and fast method for counting points! However
it counts points per quadratic cell of a regular mesh. What I need is a
count of randomly placed points within a given radius around each grid cell
(e.g. grid spacing 100 m, count within radius of 5000 m aroudn each cell >
every point can show up in the count of several cells).
Or do you mean this by "a simple cycle". If so, I am too slow to get it.

Uli