[GRASSLIST:1281] PostgreSQL setup issues

Andy Callan acallan1 at nd.edu
Thu Sep 18 04:50:53 EDT 2003

To update and clarify my previous mailing (and at any point correct me if I'm wrong this
is only a pet project of mine), getting the data in as a sites filed proved to be incredibly
simple after a quick csv export from mySQL but for simplicity for the geologists etc who
are actually going to be using the system I would like to be able to directly link to a
database.  From what I've seen no one has had too much luck linking directly to mySQL
(although my understanding is that 5.3 will have this capability but i would rather wait
until there is a release version with it than update with snapshots) so PostgreSQL is the
way to go.  The open osx cd my boss used to install grass 5.0.2 installed PostgreSQL in
the normal location (/usr/local/pgsql) but I do not believe it setup the database as there
was no data cluster.  Can anyone clarify what exactly was done to PostgreSQL when it
was installed? Thanks

--
Andy Callan
St. Thomas More College