[GRASSLIST:1350] Monitor Problem with tcltkgrass in Wish

Andy Callan acallan1 at nd.edu
Thu Sep 25 04:28:01 EDT 2003

Somehow by being lazy and not properly closing monitors before exiting GRASS I
managed to mess up tcltkgrass.  I have been starting up grass through X-Windows
in OS X and after passing the -tcltkgrass flag one time it always starts up
with the GUI in Wish (which I like I just thought I would have to pass the
-tcltckgrass flag everytime when instead I now have to pass the -text flag if I
want to start in text-only mode) Anyway, each time the GUI starts up two
monitors I left open once popup because I "saved config" once when leaving
without specifying "stop all x" as well (I think)  Another x-window called
d.mon which is just blank also pops up but for some reason the tcltk toolbar
freezes while it is loading.  I imagine there is some enviroment variable
somewhere I can change to get rid of these monitors and allow the toolbar to
load again, but I have no idea where it is and what it is called.  Once again
many thanks to anyone who can help, this list is great.  By the way I'm working
on a doc for installing winGRASS for my boss which just follows the given
directions but is a bit more uniform and includes screenshots of each step in
the process for the non-unix users out there, it'll be about 4mb's I think and
I'll be glad to send it to someone if they would like to post it online
somewhere when I'm done, just let me know.  Thanks again.

--
Andy Callan
St. Thomas More College