[GRASSLIST:1369] Re: cygwin 5.7 - db_driver_execute_immediate

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Sat Sep 27 04:28:30 EDT 2003

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 09:14:26PM -0600, Richard Greenwood wrote:
> Markus Neteler wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 09:36:02PM -0600, Richard Greenwood wrote:
> >
> >>I still have not successfully compiled 5.7 under cygwin, but I appreciate
> >>the answers I've been getting (thanks Glynn & Greg). Now make stops in
> >>i.ortho with unresolved references to:
> >>         _G_get_ask_return_msg
> >>         _G_gets
> >>         _G_squeeze
> >>         _I_fopen_group_file_new
> >>         _I_fopen_group_file_old
> >>
> >>As always, I appreciate your help.
> >

> > Rich,
> >
> > could you try to update from CVS? I have made some changes for
> > Mac OSX which may be also helpful for you (e.g. Makefile of
> > above module updated).
> >
> > Markus
> >

> Thanks Markus, I updated from CVS and now get the error:
>     multiple definition of `_db_driver_execute_immediate'

Exactly this (only) error I get when compiling on Mac OSX statically.
Dirty solution:

go to lib/db/stubs/execute.c and rename the function to something else.
Then it compiles.

Clean solution:
find it! Why does only this function cause problems but no others
in stubs?

> Sorry for all my simple questions, I do appreciate all your help.

You are welcome. Whenever you get it complete, maybe
you could package it for the rest of the world?

Markus