[GRASSLIST:3166] Re: GRASS newsletter

Wed Apr 14 10:35:40 EDT 2004

Hello Gonzales,

sorry, I should have read the GRASS mails more carefully ....

a GRASS news like you proposed sounds good, but I would rather target a
every-3( or even more)-months issue.

so far I found that you proposed interviews, modules of the month etc. merged
with my few ideas I would say an issue could look like:

- 1-2 modules in action - somebody can present some modules e.g. kind of
modelling, geostats, etc.
- presentation of new modules, capabilities, rather technical
- programmer targeted article
- GRASS news - brief history what changed, how GRASS 5.3/7 evolved. at which
stage is it.
- upcoming events

well as you can see, I am a bit inspired by the R news letter.

I would suggest to invent some kind of "peer review" to ensure the quality of
articles. (some experienced grass user/developer?)

If Latex would be the layout system by choice, I would try to do it with some
help.

cheers Martin