[GRASSLIST:3219] Re: How to compile source code under win32

Richard Greenwood rich at greenwoodmap.com
Mon Apr 19 15:43:57 EDT 2004

Fei Li wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After install cygwin and grass souce code. I start cygwin from destop icon.
> I run ./configure without much error.
> When I run make -f  Makefile.in it failed by saying:
>
> @SRCDIR@/src/CMD/generic/is64bit.sh: Can't open
> @SRCDIR@/src/CMD/generic/is64bit
> .sh: No such file or directory
> make: *** [pre-compile] Error 2
>
> But I checked grass-5.0.3/src/CMD/generic/is64bit.sh is there.

If configure is successful, you will get a Makefile. Makefile.in is just
a seed file, not a Makefile for your system. If you have a Makefile,
simply run 'make'. If you do not have a Makefile after running
configure, then configure has failed and you need to add packages and/or
modify configure options until configure is successful.

Richard Greenwood
www.greenwoodmap.com