[GRASSLIST:4082] BSQ import question

C.S. Cornuelle bob at xmission.com
Tue Aug 3 11:20:36 EDT 2004

Yes, I know, use i.tape.other.  :^)

The problem (hopefully) is that I do not know some of the particulars
which i.tape.other requires.  The file to import is

	gl-latlong-1km-landcover.bsq

from

	http://glcfapp.umiacs.umd.edu:8080/esdi/index.jsp

Some of you are probably familiar with this.  Assuming this, I
have a few questions from GRASS 5.3.

With i.tape.other we have:

GENERIC TAPE EXTRACTION

tape layout

0___     number of tape files to be skipped
0___     number of records in the remaining files to be skipped
0___     number of bytes in each record to be skipped

band files

0___     number of bands on the tape

data format
_        band sequential  (BSQ)  |   mark one with an x
_        band interleaved (BIL)  |

0_____   if you select BSQ format and all the bands are in a
       single file,
                 enter the total number of records in the file.
		 Otherwise enter 0

0_____   length (in bytes) of the longest record on
		  the tape
1___     blocking factor of data in the file

OK, so what should I use here?  From the online docs it looks like
the number of bands is 1.  The longest record is 1 byte, right?  From
header information it may be the case that the number of records is
36494965.  This will not fit in the space provided.

Then we have:

EXTRACT

please select region of the image to extract

start row: 1______
end row:   21600__

start col: 1______
end col:   43200__

which leads to this dread result:

Segmentation fault

Any ideas?  Has anyone worked with this data set?  I'm running this on
a linux box, if it matters.

Thanks for your time.

--
Adios,