[GRASSLIST:5225] image georeferencing

Amar Nayegandhi anayegan at usgs.gov
Thu Dec 23 12:10:47 EST 2004

Hello:
  I am looking for a software tool to develop a capability to georeference
GPS/INS-referenced airborne color-infrared (CIR) imagery.  We have written
some code in Tcl/Tk to sequentially view and geolocate these CIR images using
the Tk::Image library in the linux environment.
  Has anyone done any work in georeferencing images in GRASS using DGPS-INS
information?  I really like the support that GRASS provides for
reading/writing geotiffs using GDAL.
  Any advice will be much appreciated.
Thanks,
-Amar

Amar Nayegandhi
Computer Scientist & Applications Programmer
Contracted with:
US Geological Survey
Center for Coastal and Watershed Studies
St. Petersburg, FL 33701