[GRASSLIST:2431] r.poly - linear features

javier garcia - CEBAS rn001 at cebas.csic.es
Mon Feb 2 03:48:43 EST 2004

Hi all;

I've got a set of basins created with r.watershed and the corresponding
streams raster map. And I would like to know if it is possible to convert
these two maps into GRASS vector files.

I've seen that the basins can be converted and treated with v.digit to
correct the errors (the direct result is not very clean), but I can't find
the way to transform the streams to linear features; the resulting file
always appears as areas around the borders of the lines of stream cells.

Thanks for your advise.

Best wishes,

Javier.