[GRASSLIST:2441] Applying ranges of color to a raster map

Jason Horn jhorn at bu.edu
Mon Feb 2 23:46:41 EST 2004

How can I apply ranges of color to a raster map?

I want to specify ranges of color, like the pre-defined ones that
r.colors uses (such as byr)  Applying byr to a map gives a gradient of
blue through yellow to red.  But I want to specify where the break
points occur.  I can't use percentages in a user defined file because
then r.colors decides based on the total RANGE of colors.  I have a set
of maps (RADAR) where the total range of values varies from image to
image, but each value must be colored the same way across maps (so they
look right in a sequence animation).  I can't edit the color file
manually, because I am trying to automate the processing of thousands
of files.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Jason

Jason Horn