[GRASSLIST:2517] Re: Spectral unimixing

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Sun Feb 8 10:45:23 EST 2004

On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 04:03:08PM +0000, Bruno Jesus wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> Has anyone used GRASS for linear spectral unmixing? I can't seem to find
> any module for that. I'm doing a comparison with several propriety GIS
> software and one of the fucntions to compare is the ability to perform
> SMA. I've noticed that Markus Netler has developed some modules for that
> but I can't find them. Any ideas?

Yes: I have written i.spec.unmix but didn't release it yet.
Reasons: To simplify installation I wanted to replace the
matrix/vector functions based on MESCHACH to 'lapack/blas'.
That was also the motivation to include 'lapack/blas' into
GRASS' gmath lib. Unfortunately I never found the time to
finish that migration.

I could publish the original i.spec.unmix module which requires
MESCHACH (e.g. from netlib). A timeline for a gmath compliant
update I don't have, there are still some functions missing which
need a wrapper in gmath to 'lapack/blas'.

Best regards

 Markus Neteler

--
Markus Neteler     <neteler itc it>       http://mpa.itc.it