[GRASSLIST:2531] creating a GRASS function outside of GRASS source code

Christopher Fonnesbeck chris at fonnesbeck.org
Mon Feb 9 18:42:02 EST 2004

I am trying to build a GRASS function that may be called from python,
using the weave package. As such, it resides outside of the GRASS
source code. I am wondering what needs to be done to ensure proper
compilation in this situation. I have set the following environment
variables:

GISBASE=/usr/local/grass57
GISRC=$HOME/.grassrc57
PATH=$PATH:$GISBASE/bin:$GISBASE/scripts

and have used includes and libs $GISBASE/include and $GISBASE/lib,
respectively. Nevertheless, I get the following error upon compilation:

ld: Undefined symbols:
Vect_new_list()

What am I missing? I have included both gis.h and Vect.h in the C code.

Thanks again,
Chris
--
Christopher J. Fonnesbeck ( c h r i s @ f o n n e s b e c k . o r g )
Georgia Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, University of Georgia