[GRASSLIST:2548] Re: terraflow dimension_type overflow

Christopher Fonnesbeck chris at fonnesbeck.org
Tue Feb 10 16:17:15 EST 2004

> That suggests that your region is larger than 30000x30000 (note that
> it's the current region settings which are relevant, not the actual
> resolution of the DEM). Either that, or your "short" type is unusually
> small.
>
> If you need to handle larger grids, change the definition to:
>
> 	typedef int dimension_type; /* represent dimension of the grid */
> 	static const dimension_type dimension_type_max=INT_MAX;
>
> and re-compile.

Thanks,

My region size is 34429x30856, so that is the problem. I could have
*sworn* I ran terraflow on this dem before. Anyhow, increasing the
limit causes a file size limit error. If I carve this DEM into
quarters, for example, will that solve the problem? What will that mean
for accumulations at the boundaries?

Thanks,
Chris

--
Christopher J. Fonnesbeck ( c h r i s @ f o n n e s b e c k . o r g )
Georgia Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, University of Georgia