[GRASSLIST:2633] interpolation of area precipitation with s.surf.idw

Alexander Fritz Alex_Fritz at gmx.net
Mon Feb 16 03:59:59 EST 2004

Dear GRASS users,

I'm trying to interpolate area precipitation maps with s.surf.idw in
5-minute-steps. I have rain gage data in 5-minute steps for several
stations. Unfortunately not every station has recorded the whole time I'm
interested in. Is it possible to fill these gaps with something like "no
data" and/or is there an option for s.surf.idw which excludes the stations
with no recorded data at this time step. Any suggestions? Thank you in
advance for any help.