[GRASSLIST:2129] Re: New Location

Maliheh malihehs at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 5 06:37:19 EST 2004

Hello Dear list,

At first I should say thank you for your responses. Now I have a better idea about my work.

Till now I know that we have to import our scanned map in a xy location, then by use of i.group, i.target and i.points, transform it to a second location (lat/long in my case).

But I don't understand how we should specify our map scale. I read the manual about grid resolution:

          Resolution: 100*100 dots per inch

100 dpi = 100 rows / 2.54 cm = 39.37 rows/cm

scale of the map: 1:12000

Distance in nature / scanned rows per cm = 12,000 cm / 39.37 rows

= 304.8 cm/row = 3.048 m/row   GRID RESOLUTION

but when I enter this value GRASS shows me:

  projection:   0 (x,y)

  zone:         0

  north:       36

  south:       35

  east:        52

  west:        51

  e-w res:     1  (Changed to conform to grid)

  n-s res:     1  (Changed to conform to grid)

  total rows:                1

  total cols:                1

  total cells:               1

Now would you please tell me my wrong, again ?