[GRASSLIST:2136] Fwd: 5.7 and postgres on Mac OSX

David Orme d.orme at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jan 6 05:54:43 EST 2004

Hi all,

I'd noticed the missing -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib but didn't know how to
deal with it. I've tried both the makefile edits that Glynn suggested
and either solves the problem for creating libgrass_vect.dylib. The
same problem then happens for libgrass_sites.dylib. The sites Makefile
contains:

EXTRA_LIBS=$(GISLIB) $(DBMILIB) $(VECTLIB)

If I add $(PQLIBPATH) $(PQLIB) then that creates but then
libgrass_interpfl.dylib fails...

My pgsql libraries are in /usr/local/pgsql/lib, which seems to be the
default for PostgreSQL - do I need to chase through the makefiles or am
I missing something simpler - I've tried linking libpq2.2.so into
/usr/local/lib and that doesn't help.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
David