[GRASSLIST:2173] Re: r.in.gdal compile failure

William K woklist at charter.net
Fri Jan 9 14:49:16 EST 2004

> As a side issue, the gdal compile requires libjpeg.dylib and I can't
> get jpeg-6b to produce dynamic libraries. I can get round this by
> using --with-jpeg=internal in the gdal configure but does anyone know
> how to build libjpeg.dylib?
>
> Any suggestions?

There is a patch you can make to get libjpeg dynamic libraries.  I
don't have the details in my head, but look at my GRASS building
intructions page for Mac OS X.  The instructions are for GRASS 5.3, but
the library build info works for 5.7.

<http://webpages.charter.net/kyngchaos/macosx/grassinstall.html>

-----
William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos at charter.net>
http://webpages.charter.net/kyngchaos/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin