[GRASSLIST:2187] Grass off-topic request

Andrew selkiesdad at twcny.rr.com
Mon Jan 12 07:53:06 EST 2004

I have been involved in some independent research related to residual
analysis of scalar potential (gravity) data for slightly more than a
year. This work eveolved from a collaboration I had with a geologist at
SUNY Potsdam (NY USA) for about 6 years. The availability, ease of
use/scriptability and power provided by Grass 5 have helped to make it
possible for me to develop what I believe may be a "new" approach to
residual studies, i.e. a technique for extracting enhanced spatial and
depth resolution from such data. I am not affiliated (at present) with
any institution and I am not a geologist. I have been attempting,
without success, to find (a) geologist(s) or geophysicist(s) to review
some of what I have been working on   a) to provide references
concerning the existence of the approach in the literature  or b) to
evaluate what i have been doing.

Are there any persons on this list-serve who might be inclined to spend
some time reviewing and or discussing (electronically) a 7 page draft
paper with figures ? I could provide it on-line or via email attachment
or snail-mail package.

I apologize for this interruption to the list.

Andrew M McDermott, PhD (Physics)
selkiesdad at yahoo.com
selkiesdad at twcny.rr.com