[GRASSLIST:2215] grid

leo.lami at katamail.com leo.lami at katamail.com
Wed Jan 14 09:46:42 EST 2004

I would like to make a cell and a site grid with
Grass but I have some problems.
I use the command v.mkgrid to mave a vector grid
and it works

v.mkgrid map=prova grid=10,10,
coordinate=1630000,4800000 box=1000,1000 angle=0
type=rows (text or tclk)

then I run v.support and I select
1  -   Build topology information (Needed for
digit)

The output say:
Selected information from vector header
 Map Name:
 Source Date:
 Orig. Scale:   0
 Snapping threshold    0.00
Snapp No snapping will be done
    Reading Vector file 100%
    Building areas 100%
Unclosed area, free end or edge inside area:
line 30
Unclosed area, free end or edge inside area:
line 60
Unclosed area, free end or edge inside area:
line 90
Unclosed area, free end or edge inside area:
line 120
(........)
Unclosed area, free end or edge inside area:
line 180
Unclosed area, free end or edge inside area:
line 210
Unclosed area, free end or edge inside area:
line 421
    Building islands (no islands present)
    Attaching labels
PNT_TO_AREA failed: (1630500.000000,
4800500.000000) (Category 91)
PNT_TO_AREA failed: (1631500.000000,
4800500.000000) (Category 92)
PNT_TO_AREA failed: (1632500.000000,
4800500.000000) (Category 93)
(.....)
PNT_TO_AREA failed: (1632500.000000,
4808500.000000) (Category 13)
PNT_TO_AREA failed: (1633500.000000,
4808500.000000) (Category 14)
Selected file is [prova]

So I cannot convert the vector grid in site and
raster format.
Someone can help me?

Thank you a lot.

Leonardo Lami