[GRASSLIST:2253] Re: m.eigensystem doesn't work ?

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Fri Jan 16 08:40:36 EST 2004

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 12:41:57PM +0100, LJunek at t-online.de wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I try to generate the eigensystem for some data and use Grass 5.3cvs.
> > > (m.eigensystem was compiled from the current cvs code).
> > > Unfortunately nothing happens when I use the command
> > > "m.eigensystem" ! There's no error message, the command is not unknown.
> > >

> > Please post the complete error message.
> >
> > Did you run
> >  gmake5 -i
> >  gmakelinks5 -i
> >
> > within the source code directory of m.eigensystem?
> >
> > Markus
> >
> I then ran the -i commands, actually there's NO ERROR MESSAGE.
> m.eigensystem doesn't ask for an input file, still nothing happens...
>
> Is there another possibility to analyze the content of the 1st, 2nd, 2rd
> principal component? I would like to interpret the results of pca.

OK, got it. The Gmakefile was wrong.
The change is:

cd src.contrib/CERL/misc/m.eigensystem/

diff -r1.5 Gmakefile
12c12
< $(BIN_INTER)/$(PGM): $(OBJ)
---
> $(BIN_CMD)/$(PGM): $(OBJ)

If you are not compiling GRASS yourself, you may try to
copy WITHIN GRASS:

cp $GISBASE/etc/bin/inter/m.eigensystem GISBASE/etc/bin/cmd/m.eigensystem

Then run

 m.eigensystem < inputfile.txt

This should work.

Markus