[GRASSLIST:2258] r.in.gdal crashes reading GeoTIFF

Wolfgang von Hansen wvhansen at web.de
Sat Jan 17 04:18:51 EST 2004

Hello,

I am using the binar release of GRASS 5.0.2 (April 2003) on SuSE 8.2 Linux. For some unknown reason r.in.gdal crashes with a segemntation fault when I try to import a GeoTIFF image.

libgdal should be found correctly because it came with the distribution and LD_LIBRARY_PATH is set automatically on startup.

libgeotiff is also there, but not as a part of the SuSE distribution, so it resides in /usr/local/lib. I tried to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to include that dir as well but it did not improve anything.

The listgeo command that comes with libgeotiff works fine without any modifications after startup of the system. It is also possible to create .tfw-files with listgeo and then import with r.in.tiff, but I would like to have the additional features of r.in.gdal.

Wolfgang