[GRASSLIST:2316] Re: s.sample gets killed

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Wed Jan 21 21:35:53 EST 2004

Deuchler, Christoph wrote:

> I added the lines to sites.c and recompiled the whole thing, but
> unfortunately the result is the same. Instead of 'killed' I now get a
> 'Bus Error' message. More ideas?

Unfortunately not.

Memory exceptions (i.e. "Segmentation Fault" or "Bus Error") are
almost impossible to track down without a suitable test case (and
sending me a 2.5-million entry sites file or an equally large raster
are out of the question).

Can you reproduce the error with one of the sample data sets (e.g.
spearfish), either alone or with a small additional sites file? Or
with data which can be generated? If so, post the details and I'll try
to reproduce it.