[GRASSLIST:2344] MAPINFO data import

Uttam Kumar uttamkumar123 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 23 07:59:17 EST 2004

Hi GRASS users,
                I had previously some contours digitized in MAPINFO. Now I
want to import those contours to generate a DEM. I saved the MAPINFO file in
".dxf" format and imported
into GRASS. Now when I convert the vector file to RASTER I get a blank page.

Now I labelled all the contours of a small region through v.digit
taking i=20. Now when I try to use

v.to.rast to convert to raster form or

v.surf.rast to generate the DEM

I get a blank window without any lines.

While using v.surf.rast I get the following error.

Percent complete: Warning: some points outside of region -- will ignore...

Warning: there are points outside specified region--ignored 9 points
Warning: ignoring 13232 points -- too dense

The number of points from vector file is 13253
The number of points outside of region 9
The number of points being used is 12

Processing all selected output files
will require 56 bytes of disk space for temp files

Percent complete:
WARNING: Invalid timestamp specified for raster map 2contourslope in
mapsetgrass0pre3

WARNING: Invalid timestamp specified for raster map 2contouraspect in mapset
grass0pre3

history initiated

WARNING: Invalid timestamp specified for raster map 2contourelev in mapset
grass0pre3

Can any body suggest me what to do.

Thanks in advence.

uttam.