[GRASSLIST:2364] v.proj help

Christian G. Tveen cgt at navicon.dk
Tue Jan 27 08:37:55 EST 2004

Hello,

I've been struggling with a somewhat trivial problem where I seems to
miss a step to give me a proper result. I'd very much appreciate a hint.

I've downloaded a dcw in .e00 format  from
http://www.maproom.psu.edu/dcw/  (europe, denma

I've imported using m.in.e00 -s input=ponet location=global mapset=dk
Using d.vect shows the LatLong data fine.

Then I've tried to project the data to mercator projection, into a new
handmade location. Here I cant display the projected data ! The
projection was done by inserting the following PROJ_INFO into the new
location/PERMANENT:

name: Mercator
proj: merc
ellps: clark66
lat_0: 57.0
lon_0:11.0
zone: -1

To get the WIND and DEFAULT_WIND files, I did a g.region on the imported
file and changed the projection to 99
The WIND file looks like:

proj: 99
zone:0
north: 57:54:28N
south: 54:24:11N
east:    15:33:24E
west: 7:38:57E
cols: 99
rows: 44
e-w resol: 0:04:47.54
n-s resol: 0:04:46.75

I think the
THen v.proj -s input=ponet location=global mapset=dk

The output is somewhat big numbers:
north: 7911408
south: 7211788
east 502391
west 364972

nothing is snapped.

d.vect does not show anything. I'm using 5.0.2

Hopefully somebody can provide me the correct way of rendering the
mercator projected data.

Regards Christian G. Tveen