[GRASSLIST:3843] Re: Import Arc/Info e00 data into 5.7

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 21:09:20 EDT 2004

> I've been wandering around the net for a while now, but haven't found
> a good way to import DCW data into GRASS 5.7...
> If you have a good solution to this problem, please let me know. Or if
> there is no easy way, let me know, too, so I can start working on the
> hard one...

Alphabet soup:
AFAIK...

DCW is now known as VMAP.

VMAP can be read with OGR's OGDI import filter.

So v.in.ogr is the GRASS 5.7 module to use, but you might have to use
ogr2ogr first? Also try the ogrinfo program.

see:
http://www.vterrain.org/Culture/vector.html
http://gdal.maptools.org/ogr/
http://gdal.maptools.org/ogr/drv_ogdi.html