[GRASSLIST:3560] Re: Geophysical framework: WHITE PAPER

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Tue Jun 1 09:57:59 EDT 2004

Hello Michael,
This was a very interesting discussion and taught me something about
some aspects of GRASS functionality that I have used other software
(mostly MATLAB) to achieve up to now. I've made two comments below:

Michael Barton wrote:

> (or better, an interactive, GUI based mask creation function)

r.digit is fairly useful for this

> A masking function is available for G3D data (***r3.mask***); the
 > functions of a
> separate 3D map calculator have just been incorporated into ***r.mapcalc***.

Not exactly---the same source code is now used for generating the 2-D
and 3-D versions of mapcalc but the latter is still a separate module
(r3.mapcalc)

Hope this adds some clarification.

Paul