[GRASSLIST:3735] Re: v.in.ogr and v.out.ogr

francesco francesco.pirotti at unipd.it
Tue Jun 22 00:18:35 EDT 2004

I figured what was wrong with exporting grass to postgis:

The error

  ERROR 1: AddGeometryColumn failed for layer mamma, layer creation has
  failed. ERROR: Cannot create layer

come up because I had a database and a schema with the SAME name!!  Bad
idea, I know.

I changed the schema name (ALTER schema <name> RENAME <new name>) in
postgresql 7.4.1 and everything worked fine. It defaults to the schema "public"

I wonder if there is a way to specify a schema in v.out.ogr?!

Thanks for the help

Francesco Pirotti