[GRASSLIST:3743] v.reclass in GRASS 57

SWlab swlab at cornell.edu
Thu Jun 24 16:26:48 EDT 2004

Hello all,
I need to dissolve boundaries between polygons sharing a same attribute in a
huge vector map. I'm trying to use v.reclass in GRASS 5.7.0 (06/17/2004),
_____
v.reclass i=WOH_all o=WOH_subbasins type=area rules=./rules.rks field=4
_____

where rules.rks is a text file as:
_____
cat 101
where SUBBASIN="Ashokan Reservoir"
cat 102
where SUBBASIN="Beaver Kill"
cat 103
where SUBBASIN="Birch Creek"
_____

The command above gives me :
_____
dbmi: Protocol error
ERROR: Cannot select values from database.
_____

Though, v.db.connect works nicely (seems so): it detects that WOH_all is
connected to 4 dbf tables (the map comes from a e00 transformed to coverage
by avcimport...), proper driver (dbf), proper fields (field i from table
WOH_all_i.dbf with key=cat), I can display selected areas with d.vect
correctly...
___
d.vect WOH_all col=blue where="SUBBASIN='Beaver Kill'" field=4
___

Any ideas welcomed. If there's a workaround, I'd be happy with it
Thanks a lot in advance

--
Soil & Water Laboratory
Dept. of Biological & Environmental Engineering