[GRASSLIST:3750] v.digit and raster as background

Sat Jun 26 07:41:22 EDT 2004

Hello,

I tried to use v.digit with a raster image as background with:

d.mon x0
d.rast rast1 # I am not sure if that is necessary
v.digit -n map=test1 bgcmd=d.rast map=rast1 # did I understood bgcmd
correctly?
Map does not exist.
New empty map created.
Illegal vector map name <test1,rast1>. Character <,> not allowed.
ERROR: Map name not SQL compliant.
GRASS 5.7.0:~ >

Perhaps it is an unresolved bug because it happens under 5.7.0 beta 5 (as far
as I can remember what I compiled last)  or the user is too dump to do it ;-)

any idea what I did wrong? cheers Martin

P.S.: For some commands I would appreciate a short example at the bottom of
the html-man-pages, this would make it easier to understand the command.