[GRASSLIST:2874] Re: problem with v.buffer

Radim Blazek blazek at itc.it
Mon Mar 8 12:32:12 EST 2004

On Monday 08 March 2004 13:45, Leonardo Lami wrote:
> Dear all,
> I follow your help and it wors very well but if the buffer overlap?
> I see that if I convert to rast a vector with two circles overlapped the
> circles take the same value (the value of one of these).

Output areas have only one category (1).

> I'd like to have the a rast with the areas not overlapped with the rigth
> value of the vector circles and the area overlapped with a value = at the
> sum of the value of the two circles.
> Is posiible that or something near at that?

I agree that categories of input vectors are sometimes useful, unfortunately
this is not possible in v.buffer. For now, you have to do it yourself.
Using 'v.distance -a from_type=centroids max=<buffer_size> upload=cat'
you get categories of all features within your buffer size buffer_size.

Radim