[GRASSLIST:3381] Re: Commercial Applications of GRASS

Thomas Adams Thomas.Adams at noaa.gov
Mon May 10 08:37:15 EDT 2004

David,

The U.S. NOAA, National Weather Service is **considering** using GRASS
at least in part to meet GIS needs on its Linux (operational)
workstations to assist in producing both meteorological & hydrologic
forecasts. The motivation for this is due to the fact that ESRI does not
support Linux and significant GIS needs must be met on the Linux systems
without introducing a lot of windows machines within the heavily
firewalled protected network.

One significant issue is GRASS support for non-expert users.

Tom

--
Thomas E Adams
National Weather Service