[GRASSLIST:3383] Re: Removing boundaries on vector maps

Luis E Menoyo lemenoyo at usgs.gov
Mon May 10 16:15:53 EDT 2004

I'm in the same predicament.  I've got a series of 7.5min DLGs (hydro,
transpostation, boundaries) that I have v.patch'ed together and am now
looking for a way to remove the duplicate border vectors.

According to the 5.7 manual entry for v.patch:
"Any vectors that are duplicated among the maps being patched together
(e.g., border lines) will have to be edited or removed after v.patch is
run.  Such editing can be done automatically using v.clean (tool=svtlx). "
I received undesirable results when running v.clean tool=rmdupl.  After
running the command many boundary vectors remained and several vctors
depicting actual features were removed.  It may be that if the boundary
lines were not set as a particular category they may have to be removed
manualy using v.digit.
Can anyone here shed some light on the subject?
Thanks,
Luis.

SWlab <swlab at cornell.edu>
Sent by: owner-GRASSLIST at baylor.edu