[GRASSLIST:3464] Re: Geophysical/Potential field modules for GRASS?

Andrew selkiesdad at twcny.rr.com
Fri May 21 13:02:06 EDT 2004

I have designed a simple approach to scripting (bash and perl) and
running from witin the grass shell. I generate many (hundreds sometimes)
of filtered Bouguer surfaces satisfying different extent and filter
parameters in an iterative loop. It is easy to do, but I use the perl
and the GMT tools for reducing,  interpolating and filtering my raw
data. I import this into grass and set up some of the support files, all
from small master scripts. I found the fft/ifft modules in grass
awkward, having become accusomed to setting my filter parameters from
the command line in GMT, but I could probably figure out an equivalent
way using the grass tools in a script if I had to. I have ideas for a
module related to this, including perhaps color palette creation and
asignment support from a color-chooser like interface. I have a problem
where this would be useful. I am only a one-shot scripter, though,
myself. I don't think I could tackle this, even in Tcl/Tk.