[GRASSLIST:3524] Re: Geophysical/Potential field modules for GRASS?

Paul Kelly paul-grass at stjohnspoint.co.uk
Fri May 28 00:22:21 EDT 2004

On Thu, 27 May 2004, Michael Barton wrote:

> Yes, I know that you can do krieging in R and GSTAT (as well as a lot of
> other very useful geostatistics), and that these can be compiled to link with
> GRASS. However, given that GRASS has other interpolation modules, had a
> krieging module, and has semivariagram functions in the sites module of 5.3,
> it would be nice to have a krieging module in GRASS.

Here is the bug report for s.surf.krig
http://www.intevation.de/rt/webrt?serial_num=256&display=History
It seems to have had a lot of work done on it 3 years ago; maybe the
problem is not too serious.

And it's still there, just not compiled by default.
gmake53 src/sites/s.surf.krig should do it.

Paul