[GRASSLIST:4721] Re: Fractional Contours from r.contour?

William K woklist at charter.net
Fri Nov 5 13:19:50 EST 2004

I noticed this recently also - the problem lies in that the contour
levels are put in the cats, which can only be positive integers.  This
was fixed in a recent 5.7 CVS.  Now it puts the contour levels as a
float in an attribute table.  Only for 5.7 though, since it needs the
new vectors of 5.7.  Don't know if the developers can do anything for
5.3.

On Nov 5, 2004, at 12:01 PM, paallen at attglobal.net wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using Grass 5.3 in Cygwin, pre-compiled
> binaries.  I have a raster that has pixel values
> ranging from 3.71 to -0.16 and want to make
> contours at 3.456, 0.977, 0.285, 0.118, and 0.038.
>
> After creating contours the cat id's are all 0 or 3.
>
> What's up?  Can grass not make fractional contours?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Phillip J. Allen
> e-mail: paallen at attglobal.net

-----
William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos at charter.net>
http://webpages.charter.net/kyngchaos/

"I ache, therefore I am.  Or in my case - I am, therefore I ache."

- Marvin