[GRASSLIST:5001] thematic map in GRASS/v.out.shape error

Rado Bonk rado.bonk at jrc.it
Tue Nov 30 05:50:26 EST 2004

Dear GRASS users,

I use GRASS 5.4. I need to produce thematic map for vector polygons.
Attribute data are stored in PostgreSQL. I tried to export vectors by
v.out.shape (for using in QGIS or AV) which resulted in bus error and
empty DBF files (SHP and SHX files were produced correctly).

Why bus error and empty DBF file (I used g.selec.pg before)?

Can I export table from Postgresql to DBF file directly?

What approach do you GRASS users take to produce thematic maps in GRASS?

How stable is the GRASS 5.7 for using it in production phase (mostly
vectors) ? Would you recommend?

Thanks a lot,

Rado Bonk

--
Radoslav Bonk
European Commission - DG  Joint Research Centre (JRC)