[GRASSLIST:4291] request?

Ian Macmillan ian_macmillan at umail.ucsb.edu
Thu Sep 2 13:51:10 EDT 2004

Hi all, I have a request for a feature to be added to r.proj, or if I am missing
something, could somebody tell me?  When you use r.proj, it is necessary to
know the region before hand.  Most times this isn't a problem, but going from
lat-long to utm or vice-versa, this requires the awkward steps of using m.ll2u
or m.u2ll on points you get from r.info, copying this information down, then
setting your region by hand in the new location based on the output of m.ll2u.
This is kind of a non-intuitive method that is difficult for new people to
figure out.  What would be nice is a flag in r.proj to set the region in the
new location based on the bounding coordinates of the raster being projected
in.  Is this solution too difficult to implement?  Unfortunately I don't know
how to code, so I don't think I can do it myself.    Anybody else have this
problem?

Thanks,
Ian