[GRASSLIST:4301] Re: request?

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Sat Sep 4 09:17:11 EDT 2004

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 08:49:51PM +0100, Paul Kelly wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Ian MacMillan wrote:
>
> >know what the corresponding UTM coordinates are?  I can project it from
> >some random place in the UTM location with -n, but it will only bring
> >in data if I happened to overlap with the incoming raster.  Do you see
> >the dilemma?  What I am looking for is a flag that sets the region to
> >the incoming raster.

What about g.region -l which tells you the current boundaries
in LatLong (maybe we need to enhance that to use custom ellipsoid).

Maybe also helpful:
- Zoom the region of interest
- run v.in.region which creates a box of the current region
- reproject this box as indicator of the region of interest

Best

 Markus