[GRASSLIST:6314] Re: filling nulls in integer raster

Dylan Beaudette dylan at iici.no-ip.org
Sat Apr 2 16:58:00 EST 2005

Maciek,

interesting idea,

I tried using r.neighborhood as well, and it seemed to work ok.

however, i have since discovered that for this particular raster (as
classified slope map of very complex terrain) it was simpler to
generalize the slope map via r.param.scale. since we are mapping at a
rather coarse scale, this method actually captures the larger terrain
features, while masking out the smaller ones..!

i was able to vectorize, and then clean with tool=rmarea to get rid of
any remaining small areas

thanks!

--
Dylan Beaudette