[GRASSLIST:6318] Re: color table on 256 color displays

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 3 03:39:19 EDT 2005

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 15:25:24 +0930
Kingsley Burlinson <kgb at synix.com.au> wrote:

> Hi grass list
> I have just compiled grass 6 on solaris, and I only have the SUN GX
> 256  color graphics card.
> In Grass5 I could run d.colormode and set it to float to display
> images.  The grass 6 documentation refers to d.colormode, but it is
> absent, and  the grass5 version of d.colormode is unhappy with grass6
> !!

The Wiki lists d.colormode as not ported because it is "obsolete"
without why.

http://grass.gdf-hannover.de/twiki/bin/view/GRASS/ModulePortingList

> > GRASS 6.0.0 > d.colormode    <<< d.colormode stolen from grass 5.0
> > ERROR: program 'd.colormode' cannot be executed because: Neither a
> > command line (cmd) or interactive (inter) version was found

I think that is a porting error, not a code error. d.colormode just
calls R_color_table_float() which is still alive in the raster library.

Did you just copy over the binary from GRASS 5?

Try copying over source code into grass6 source tree, plagiarize the
directory structure and Makefile from say d.colors, and run make.

Hamish