[GRASSLIST:6341] more v.in.ogr errors with mysql backend

Chris Fonnesbeck fonnesbeck at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 15:39:44 EDT 2005

I thought I had this working, but it appears not. I am using 6.1cvs
with the mysql driver to import a few shapefiles. However, although I
seem to have specified the db connection correctly (db.tables -p
provides a list of tables), I get an uninformative protocol error when
I try and import any shapefiles. Thus, the following:

v.in.ogr dsn=./ layer=cities output=cities -o

gives this debug infomation (DEBUG=5):

D3/5: Ogr_ftype: 0
D3/5: Ogr_fieldname: 'CITIES_ID'
D3/5: Ogr_fieldname: 'CITIES_ID'
D3/5: Ogr_ftype: 0
D3/5: Ogr_fieldname: 'CITIES_'
D3/5: Ogr_fieldname: 'CITIES_'
D3/5: Ogr_ftype: 0
D3/5: Ogr_fieldname: 'CITIES_ID'
D3/5: Ogr_fieldname: 'CITIES_ID'
D3/5: Ogr_ftype: 4
D3/5: Ogr_fieldname: 'COUNTY'
D3/5: Ogr_fieldname: 'COUNTY'
D3/5: Ogr_ftype: 4
D3/5: Ogr_fieldname: 'PLACE'
D3/5: Ogr_fieldname: 'PLACE'
D3/5: Ogr_ftype: 4
D3/5: Ogr_fieldname: 'NAME'
D3/5: Ogr_fieldname: 'NAME'
D3/5: create table cities (cat integer, AREA double precision, PERIMETER doubl
 precision, CITIES_ integer, CITIES_ID integer, CITIES_ integer, CITIES_ID int
ger, COUNTY varchar ( 3 ), PLACE varchar ( 4 ), NAME varchar ( 30 ))
D3/5: Vect_subst_var(): in = host=localhost,dbname=florida_gis, map = cities,
apset = PERMANENT
D3/5:   -> host=localhost,dbname=florida_gis
D3/5: db_start_driver_open_database():
  drvname = mysql, dbname = host=localhost,dbname=florida_gis
D3/5: db_driver_open_database() driver = mysql database definition = 'host=loc
lhost,dbname=florida_gis'
D3/5: parse_conn : host=localhost,dbname=florida_gis
D3/5: token 0 : host=localhost
D3/5: token 1 : dbname=florida_gis
D3/5: host = localhost, port = 0, socket = (null), dbname = florida_gis, user
 (null), password = (null)
D3/5: db_get_login(): mysql host=localhost,dbname=florida_gis
D3/5: file = /Users/chris/.grasslogin6
D3/5: ret = 4 : mysql dbname=ugr,user=chris ¿ÿûÐ ð
D3/5: ret = 4 : mysql manatee chris ð
D3/5: ret = 4 : mysql host=localhost,dbname=manatee,user=chris chris ð
D3/5: ret = 4 : mysql host=localhost,dbname=manatee chris ð
D3/5: ret = 4 : mysql dbname=florida_gis,user=chris chris ð
D3/5: ret = 4 : mysql florida_gis chris ð
D3/5: ret = 4 : mysql dbname=florida_gis chris ð
D3/5: ret = 4 : mysql test chris ð
D3/5: ret = 4 : mysql dbname=florida_gis, user=chris ð
D3/5: ret = 4 : mysql host=localhost,dbname=florida_gis,user=chris user=chris
D3/5: ret = 4 : mysql host=localhost,dbname=florida_gis chris xxxxx
dbmi: Protocol error
Broken pipe

(I replaced my true password with xxxxx). I'm not sure, for one, why
it starts listing other databases not associated with this location.
Any help is most appreciated.