[GRASSLIST:6377] Fwd: Re: Re: r.terraflow and r.water.outlet

swlab swlab at cornell.edu
Fri Apr 8 13:02:51 EDT 2005

Eric Hillmuth [Friday 08 April 2005 12:40] :
> OK, that makes sense. If I use the -s flag to force r.terraflow to use
> SFD will my flow directions be 1-8 rather than 0-255?

Nope, the values will still be between 0 and 128, but as 1,2,4,8,16,32,64,128
only: you'll still have to postprocess your data to get it to a number
between 1 and 8. And make sure that the way the directions are reported in
r.watershed are consistent (viz, 1 is E and you go clockwise)

Soil & Water Laboratory
Dept. of Biological & Environmental Engineering
Cornell University
Riley-Robb Hall
ITHACA, NY 14853