[GRASSLIST:6453] Re: gdall ~ grass

Hamish hamish_nospam at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 14 03:16:14 EDT 2005

> I installed everything about grass in debian
>
> apt-cache search "grass" gives:
>
> gpx2shp - convert GPS or GPX file to ESRI Shape file
> grass - Geographic Resources Analysis Support System
> grass-doc - Geographic Resources Analysis Support System documentation
> libgrass - GRASS GIS development libraries
> libgrass-dev - GRASS GIS library development files
..
> apt-cache search "libgdal1*"
> libgdal1 - Geospatial Data Abstraction Library
> libgdal-doc - Documentation for the Geospatial Data Abstraction Library
> libgdal1-dev - Geospatial Data Abstraction Library - Development files

You need to add the DebianGIS repository (use the unstable branch).
Stuff is slowly filtering into the main Debian repository from there, but
works pretty well. Some of the java-dependent software (jump) is in
contrib until it can be made with the free java clones.

> > See the DebianGIS pages, they are doing great things:
> >
> >   http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl

then:

$ apt-cache search grass
gpx2shp - convert GPS or GPX file to ESRI Shape file
grass - Geographic Resources Analysis Support System
grass-doc - Geographic Resources Analysis Support System documentation
libgrass - GRASS GIS development libraries
libgrass-dev - GRASS GIS library development files
libgrass0 - GRASS GIS development libraries
libgrass0-dev - GRASS GIS library development files
libgdal1-grass - GRASS extension for the Geospatial Data Abstraction Library
qgis-plugin-grass - Plugin for accessing GRASS vectors from QGIS

$ apt-cache search gdal
gdal-bin - Geospatial Data Abstraction Library - Utility programs
libgdal-doc - Documentation for the Geospatial Data Abstraction Library
libgdal1 - Geospatial Data Abstraction Library
libgdal1-dev - Geospatial Data Abstraction Library - Development files
python-gdal - Python bindings to the Geospatial Data Abstraction Library
libgdal1-grass - GRASS extension for the Geospatial Data Abstraction Library

DebianGIS package lists:

[i386]
main:
libjama-java